Digital Irritation: Diary of a Nursing Student

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Yawngasm

I just learned the most bizarre thing and had to share it with the rest of the world. I was literally reading my Pharmacology (drug) textbook read the passage that I am about to describe, dropped my book and ran over to my computer. If there was ever something to blog about this is it.

I am reading a chapter about Antidepressants and the different drugs that can treat it. One of the types of drugs used to treat depression are called tricyclic antidepressants. They are a pretty mild treatment and appear to be quite effective. Apart from that, they also tend to create a phenomena called a yawngasm. Yes, you guessed it, a spontaneous orgasm when one yawns. How wild is that? It kind of inspires one to tinker with depression. It makes me think differently about all the yawning that goes on in some of my classes. They say that yawning is contagious....

Just a random thought I thought I'd share with ya'll. I've got to go and finish my reading. Diana i'm sorry that this is not a very beefy entry, maybe next time.

6 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

So, uh, can you write me a prescription or something?

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I was starting to fee a bit depressed myself. Unfortunately, don't have the power to prescribe quite yet.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Tawn said...

HI Erin! My name is Tawnya. I actually was in Nursing class today and this gal was reading our Pharmacology textbook (Written by Richard Lehne) and then burst into laughter and had to share with the rest of us about this hillarious side effect! I actually came home to search for it on the internet and ran across your Blog!!! Too funny..gotta love nursing school!!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Mat128 said...

just found your blog by reading the same thing in Lenhe! Thats crazy!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi,

This is the assistant editor for Hospital.com which is a medical publication offering hospital news, information and reviews. We also cover a wide variety of medical topics, some of these articles being relevant to nursing schools and issues around their prospective students (scholarships, grants, etc). We are in the process of giving the nursing industry a dedicated section from our site and are currently seeking online resources which can be offered to our readers of this section. If possible I would like Hospital.com to be included within your blog roll, offering our information as a resource to your readers and essentially building a relationship between our sites. Please let me know if this addition can be made, Thanks!

Please email me back with your URL in subject line to take a step ahead and to avoid spam.

Thank you
Mary Miller,
may.hospital.com@gmail.com

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kayte said...

Found it in my text as well:) Had to post it as my status... To funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home